Job Post: Gift Shop Manager
Posted in: Job Listings
The Gift Shop Manager is responsible for increasing gift shop and coffee shop revenue to support the mission of Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House. The manager is responsible for staff and volunteer management, inventory controls, purchasing, merchandising and daily operations. The gift shop is located at Lutheran Hospital and the coffee shop is located at Dupont Hospital.
send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a successful culture of sales and performance for all staff and volunteers.
- Manage shop finances including profit and loss statements, timely and accurate day-end /month-end reporting and prompt payment of all liabilities.
- Recruit, interview, orient, and train staff and volunteers in accordance with House and Hospital expectations.
- Set staff and volunteer schedules and work related objectives.
- Responsible for all performance management and employee relations issues within the shop.
- Create annual budget goals and corresponding strategies to achieve them.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels by implementing purchasing plans and working with approved vendors.
- Formulate pricing policies by reviewing cost, freight and purchasing climate.
- Utilize Yellow Dog inventory management system to drive sales based on merchandise age and turnover.
- Merchandise floor stock in an effort to increase sales and create a welcoming environment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and establishing professional networks.
- Secures shop assets by implementing security systems, policies and measures.
- Be a leader of change for the employees and a champion of all organizational initiatives.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform cash register functions to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, etc.)
- Great organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Essential physical requirements of all in store positions include; standing for long periods of time, frequent bending, climbing and moving of ladders, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Retail experience is preferred with 1-3 years of prior retail or comparable management experience required for all Management positions.
We offer medical, dental and prescription drug plans to all employees working forty hours or more a week. Our 401(k)-retirement program is also available which includes a generous employer match.
MAD ANTHONYS CHILDREN’S HOPE HOUSE MISSION: The mission of Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House is to offer temporary, minimal-cost lodging to parents and families of children receiving medical care away from home; to provide families with a place of comfort, hope and emotional support; to serve families regardless of race, gender, religious or political affiliation; and never turn away any family due to inability to pay.