Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House is to offer temporary, minimal-cost lodging to parents and families of children receiving medical care away from home; to provide families with a quiet haven during stressful times – a place of comfort, hope and emotional support; to serve families regardless of race, gender, religious or political affiliation; and never turn away any family due to an inability to pay.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about our mission to join our team as a Development Specialist. This individual will work in partnership with the Executive Director with broad latitude for independent action within the framework of the general policies and philosophy of Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House. The Development Specialist will lead development efforts as MACHH continues to grow and expand.
- BA (required), preferably in social services, marketing or public relations
- 2-plus years experience in development, including grant-writing
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of donor software
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Skill in identifying problems and developing/implementing solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly (spoken and written language) and establish/maintain effective working relationships with people from varied backgrounds.
- Computer usage skills are essential. Design skills preferred; Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, WordPress
- Social media knowledge focused on content creation, engagement and tracking.
- Knowledge of writing grants, and the ability to research and write them.
The Development Specialist is responsible for 3 main components in the organization:
- Social Media Strategy
- Constant Contact Updates
- Family Updates
- Press Releases
- Volunteer Program Coordination
- Fundraising Development and Management
- Grant Applications
- Individual/Corporate Donations Strategy
- In-House Special Events
- Resource Committee Organization/leadership
In addition, the Development Specialist will join the Executive Director and Director of Operations in connecting daily with our guests and families in a way that reflects compassion, respect and empathy.
Full-time position M-F with occasional evenings/weekends
Location: Main location at Lutheran Hospital with at least 1 day per week at our House on Dupont Hospital Campus
Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus bonus potential
Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision, 401K, Paid Holiday
To be considered for this opportunity, please be sure to send resume/cv plus cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org